Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Target = Mommy's little helper

Yes, Target.

With a Starbuck's inside.

And no kids. Which means no obnoxiously big cart with extra seats. Yes!

It was great! Except that they didn't have the silly desktop paper holder thingy that fits my other ones. Or a cute autumn-themed runner for the dining table. Or the kind of shoes I want for Gus.
So, I guess not so helpful today after all.

And then, enter the crabby lady who, when I said quite nicely "Excuse me," gave me one of those *heavy sighs* and moved her cart one inch.

REALLY? Is there a rule I don't know about? Only one person in the Dollar Spot at a time?

So, I move forward with my cart knowing full well I will bump into hers. Because she barely moved it! All the while I'm thinking, "I don't why you're so cranky today lady, but do what normal people do and SAVE IT FOR YOUR FAMILY."

In my experience, Target shoppers are generally more congenial than that. If they are exasperated, frustrated, angry, or any other negative emotion it is usually aimed at the whining, screaming, yelling kids they have with them.

That's why, when I had the chance, I went without mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment