Thursday, October 15, 2009

Not so small victories

I feel so proud, relieved and wary all at once. You see, after 5 and 3/4 years we have reached a milestone in this house. No, Carlo hasn't stopped asking when I'm going back to work. I keep telling him I do work, I just don't get paid nearly enough.
No, the milestone is... wait for it...

*fanfare*

Linus has made it through two whole nights with no pull-up and no accident!

Awesome, right? Now don't get me wrong. I know there will inevitably be setbacks. There will be the urine soaked sheets at 6:45am. One more wrench thrown into the middle of all the getting dressed, breakfasting, brushing teeth, "for the love of all that is holy, get your shoes on!", and oh yeah, can't forget to feed the poor dog.
I know there will be those mornings. But, for today, I will enjoy this small victory.

Now, to tackle the mountain of non-urine related laundry...

No comments:

Post a Comment